Nightscape 8300 Overview
- Uses the famous KAF-8300 CCD that imagers have grown to love, due to the high resolution, low noise, great sensitivity and affordable cost.
- 8.3 megapixels of resolution on a large 22.5mm diagonal CCD chip provides more than 3.5x the imaging area and 5.5x the resolution of similarly priced CCD cameras! That means capturing a larger swatch of the sky with greater detail in every shot.
- One of the most affordable KAF-8300 CCD cameras on the market, while still retaining all of the advanced features found in more expensive cameras to obtain stunning astrophotos.
- Regulated thermoelectric cooling and adjustable fan dramatically reduces thermal noise, producing superior images.
- AstroFX software - takes you step-by-step from taking images to processing the final result.
- The TEC and 16-bit A/D conversion provides lower noise and greater bit-depth than DSLR cameras – making the Nightscape 8300 the ideal choice for DSLR imagers looking to improve their astrophotos.
- Internal mechanical shutter makes dark frame acquisition easy – no need to cap the telescope.
- Internal 32MB SDRAM full frame memory buffer, ensures accurate and reliable image downloads.
- Specially designed IR-cut optical window with anti-reflection multi-coatings provides 94% (or greater) transmission of Hydrogen Alpha wavelength and maximum overall light transmission.
- Celestron’s design combines form and function: Elegant industrial design, innovative heat-sink and air-flow system for efficient cooling, and cylindrical body is Fastar-friendly.
- Removable 2” nosepiece is threaded for 2” filters.
- Fastar/Hyperstar Compatible.
With Nightscape 8300 you get:
Nightscape’s ultra-sensitive KAF-8300 CCD easily detects subtle deep sky details. Capture the faint wisps of a colorful emission nebula, or image fine detail of a spiral galaxy millions of light years away. You’ll be amazed how much faint detail you can detect in your time lapse astroimages.
A Cool Performer
The regulated thermoelectric cooling system with adjustable speed fan not only reduce the inherent CCD noise, but the temperature is also precisely regulated to your setting of choice, allowing you to take accurate calibration images. The camera electronics have been carefully engineered to minimize the read noise (only 8e- RMS) and provide the cleanest image data possible.
Compact four inch diameter design provides minimal obstruction needed for Fastar f/2 imaging. The round symmetrical aluminum cast body resembles the obstruction of the secondary mirror of a Cassegrain telescope ensuring a round star with minimal light diffraction. Additionally the spacing to sensor is the same distance as most DSLR cameras allowing compatibility with most standard DSLR t-adapters.
Celestron’s intuitive AstroFX software takes you step-by-step from taking images to processing the final result. AstroFX gives you full control of your camera from temperature regulation, exposure control as well as computer assisted focusing for easy image acquisition. AstroFX knows just what to do with your images and calibration frames to create a final master image that's been stacked, stretched, sharpened, saturated and ready to share with your friends in a snap.
Processor – Pentium™ or equivalent, or higher
Windows XP™, Windows Vista™, or Windows 7™ (or higher), 32-bit or 64-bit
Disk Space – 500MB
Video Display minimum 1024x768, 16-bit color or higher
AstroFX softwareIncluded with your Nightscape is Celestron's innovative AstroFX software. AstroFx takes you step-by-step from snapping an image to processing the final result.
Back to List